I have presented at major international and national conferences as well as public engagement events on wiki user experience, behaviour change and alignment in human-computer dialogue. A list of presentations are below
- Lexical alignment in human-computer dialogue: audience design or priming?. Invited talk at Trinity College Dublin, School of Computer Science Speech Communication Lab Seminar (2015).
- Lexical alignment in human-computer dialogue: audience design or priming? . Invited talk at UCL Interaction Centre (UCLIC), (2015).
- Investigating the effects of interlocutor design on lexical alignment in human-computer dialogue . Invited talk at University of Edinburgh Department of Psychology's Psycholinguistics Seminar (2014).
- Lexical alignment in human-computer dialogue: Mediated or unmediated? . Invited talk at Queen Mary, University of London Cognitive Science Group (2014).
- How human-human dialogue research can lead us to understand speech behaviours in human-computer dialogue: The case of lexical alignment. Invited talk at University of St Andrews, SACHI Group (2014).
- Is alignment in human-computer dialogue as mediated as we think? Evidence from syntactic and lexical alignment. . Invited talk at University of Birmingham Language & Cognition Seminar (2014).
- Is audience design as influential in human-computer dialogue as we think? The curious case of syntactic and lexical alignment. Invited talk at University of Sussex Chat Lab (2013).
- Designing to change behaviour: Where we are and where we need to be. Invited talk at ADMIER Project Energy Event (2012).
- Technological behaviour change and energy consumption reduction. Invited talk at ADMIER Project Challenge Day (2012).
- Taking on the Teenagers- Behaviour Change Technologies for teenage energy consumption reduction. Invited Talk at Birmingham University HCI Research day (2011).
- How wiki site characteristics impact editing anxiety and usability. Invited talk at Edinburgh University E-Learning Event (2011).
- Causal effects of wikisite design on anxiety and usability. Invited talk at School of Computer Science, University of Dundee (2010).
Conference & Seminar Talks
- Syntactic alignment is unmediated by beliefs about conversational partners: Evidence from human-computer dialogue. Paper presented at the British Psychological Society Annual Conference (2013), Harrogate.
- the impact of voice anthropomorphism on syntactic alignment in human-computer dialogue. Paper Presented at BCS HCI 2012, Birmingham.
- Does interlocutor voice impact syntactic alignment in human computer dialogue?. Paper Presented at British Psychological Society Cognitive Section Annual Conference (2012), Glasgow.
- Causal effects of wiki site characteristics on editing anxiety and usability. Paper presented at ELearning 2.0, Brunel University (2011).
- Now you see it, now you don't- the effect of wiki flexibility on anxiety during wiki editing. Paper presented at the 4th Irish Human Computer Interaction Conference (IHCI 2010), Dublin.
- The effect of editing identity on anxiety during wiki editing. Paper to be presented at the Cyberpsychology and Computing Psychology Conference (CyComP), Bolton.
- Exploring the effects of experience on wiki anxiety and usability- an online study. Paper presented at the 23rd BCS Conference on Human Computer Interaction (HCI 2009), Cambridge.
- Exploring the relationship between anxiety and usability evaluation- An online study of Internet and wiki anxiety. Paper presented at IADIS International Conference;
Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction 2008 (IADIS;IHCI 2008). Amsterdam, The Netherlands.